Internel Explorer 10 update is not available for some devices, usualy laptops with hybrid video sistem (AMD Radeon and Intel combination). This is the case for Dell Vostro 3550 running Windows 7 Professional x64 with Service Pack 1, the IE 10 update is not available by default so must be done manually. Unfortunately this time is not just download and install but Microsoft and AMD worked to make it possible, so this makes it better than nothing. Other models have no video driver updates even if same video chip is present as for Dell Vostro 3550 (AMD Radeon HD 6630M – 1GB).
Step by step how to:
- verify your video driver, Computer > Manage > Device Manager > Display Adapters > Properties > Driver (tab)and check driver version, should be v8.901.1.1000, A10 (driver date 05.11.2011 / released 04.2012)
- if your driver is older than version statet above download and install latest one from Dell Support
- manually download and install Internet Explorer 10
In adition for other models (complete list here – KB2670838) if in the Microsoft provided list there is NONE at [ Latest Compatible Drivers ] then is only one thing to do:
- check for the following update KB 2670838, Start > Control Panel > Program and Features > View Installed Updates > Search : 2670838
- if the KB-2670838 update is installed remove it until the video card driver becomes available for your laptop model.