How to enable WinFast TV2000 XP Expert sound on SPDIF Optical output connection to the speakers. If this is the case, when you switch to SPDIF by default no sound signal from TV Tuner will be redirected to the SPDIF. Folowing procedure will solve this issue.
Connect your TV Tuner Card to the [CD Audio] input on your mainboard
Control Panel > Sound > Recording Tab > CD Audio
CD Audio > Listen Tab >
- [tick] Listen to this device – to enable sound pass-through from [CD Audio] input connection
- Playback through this device [select] Default Playback device – to have [CD Audio] input signal automatically routed to whatever sound output you are going to use
CD Audio > Levels Tab >
- make sure that volume is not muted (by default it is)
- make sure you don’t set volume to 100 because will bost the signal and you get alot of noise, i found that 30 is a good value
WindFast 2000 XP TV Tuner > Configuration > Device Settings
- Playback Devices [select] SPDIF Interface – to be able to adjust your sound level, unfortunately the control is made through Master Volume, is adjusting the level for all opened aplications. If you want to control only TV Tuner sound you need to go on Windows SPDIF Mixer and adjust CD Audio lever.